Wednesday, November 12, 2008

See the Tidal Bore


As mentioned in class, the tidal bore is an interesting phenomena that occurs right here in Nova Scotia. I have had the opportunity to see it numerous times. I have also been chased by the bore itself.
WIDE OPEN WILDRNESS is a family camp ground that is situated just off the Shubenacadie River. From this camp ground you have the opportunity to witness this event from a great vantage point (picture as left- I cant remember if that is the tidal bore in the picture or not- sorry.), as you can go down and walk along the river bed and do a tidal bore run, Which I can garentee will be one of the best times you will ever have. After wards you can go mud sliding and maybe later rapid rafting.

The website has some great pictures as well as any other information you might have about WOW camp ground.

1 comment:

CBEMN said...

Thanks for posting about this and for the link! I think I'll check this out next summer!
Cathy